Thursday, May 31, 2012

Who's ready to go camping?

How many of you are going camping this summer? How many of you are going to a writing camp this year? I am. Sitting at my desk, relaxing under my blanket fort, I will be pounding out a 50,000-word novel with my friend, Alicia. Expect daily updates during the month of June as I camp away! Hopefully, my co-author will start a blog as well so I can link it here. This way, you get both author's views about our novel! There will be snippets of the story, updates about camp, and perhaps even some updates about our cabin mates!

Oh, right. One of the awesome things about Camp NaNoWriMo is that they put you in a cabin with 5 other writers. Alicia and I were lucky to get into a cabin together, and our group mates and the two of us have called our cabin Charlemagne!

Here's our summary for our novel, written by said friend:
Sarina, your average high school student, never expected to have so many college applications denied. She'd never had anything less than a C in any of her classes (and she hated that class anyway).
One morning, her parents surprised her with an acceptance letter from some place known only as SU. She didn't remember applying there, but she was so happy to finally have a place to go, that she didn't really look into it.Whatever type of experience she was expecting from college, she was sure this wasn't it. Sure, she would have classes, homework, and a dorm room, but who would have thought all of her classmates would be superheroes? And she's the only normal human in the bunch?This can't be good at all.

2 comments:

  1. Uh huh... and look how the other blogs have worked so well for me.

    I wish sarcasm translated through text better -.-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sarcasm translates beautifully! ^_^ Don't worry, I'll blog for both of us then!

      Delete