Friday, January 13, 2012

Chapter 1 Writing and Editing -- Post One

There will be multiple posts under the same title during the writing and editing process of each chapter. Each one will be numbered "post x."


So, recently I have begun working on chapter 1. This began soon after my first post on this blog. It was soon followed by my mother willingly reading and editing the first few pages. She's trying to help me create the personalities for my characters, asking me questions about who my characters are, etc. to try and create dialogue that flows with their personality. I have problems with this a lot so her advice is really helping. Because I am actually hoping to publish this novel, I'm not going to be posting any of it on my blog. However, I might work on small exercises or even a side story to keep my writing skills up to par. Unfortunately, a few days after beginning writing, the rush of words soon fell flat once more. I am planning on typing up what I have so far then writing out the prologue as well as character sketches and back stories. Back stories will also end up making it into the novel, but I may post up the character sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment