Saturday, January 21, 2012

Writer's Block has Horribly Excellent Timing...

I hate writer's block for a number of reasons. For one, writer's bloc always chooses the worst times to attack me. Like when I'm wide awake and wanting to write. Once I lie down to close my eyes and sleep, writer's block is lifted, and ideas flow through my brain like water through a strainer. I can't stop them, and I lie there tossing and turning, itching to write yet too tired to lift myself from my bed. So, as a little exercise to try and get writer's block to go away, I am going to write it a letter. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow's post will be writer's block's response.
Dear Writer's Block,
What gives? You are always bothering me at the worst times, and you affect EVERYTHING I do, not just writing. EVERYTHING. You make it difficult to work on homework because I read something for class, have to write something to reflect on it, and I have no reflections because I have a wall blocking me from my words. Then, the very moment I declare exhaustion and go to lie down, you sneak off like a wicked thief who's gotten away with a prize. At that very moment, my brain is flooded with ideas for this story and that story and "Oh, I should've written that in my school paper!" Why? What have I ever done to deserve your wicked punishment?
Sincerely,
Me 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment